1. If it becomes a choice between paying for alcohol or food, the decision isn’t that difficult.
2. You start dating in the community to cut down on traveling costs.
3. Or you just stop dating altogether. #foreveraloneANDbroke.
4. Because you can’t go out anymore, DIY projects begin to occupy the empty space inside your soul that money once filled.
5. Whenever you HAVE to spend money, you think of all the things you could have bought instead of this one thing.
6. You are no longer above using your body to hustle.
7. You’ve done some “questionable” things to pay your bills on time.
8. You spend more money on your pet’s food than your own.
9. You said you were ready for the “real world,” but you FREQUENTLY daydream about how to convince your parents to donate money to your “food fund.”
10. You wish you could go back in time and tell your kid self that being an adult isn’t as awesome as you were once told.
11. You play the “More Poor/Less Poor” game frequently. Will this make me more poor or less poor?…
12. You start searching for “free social activities.”
13. Pay day is no longer exciting to you because your bills are immediately due the next day.
14. You rather take off or put on more clothes than pay for air or heating.
15. You start reminding people about the money they owe you… and how it could potentially get ugly if it’s not returned.
16. You start cutting bills that you deem unnecessary.
17. You try to go “Vegetarian” to cut food costs.
18. You start “borrowing” clothing from friends instead of shopping for new clothes.
19. To make yourself feel better, you internet creep on people who are more broke than you.
20. You talk about being broke ALL THE TIME. Every second you get. Because the world needs to know.
21. Most of your friends are broke too.
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
About Vanessa Elizabeth
Vanessa Elizabeth is a cultural chameleon currently based in London. She enjoys sports (such as CrossFit and dating), cooking, and demolishing her savings account. When she's not busy blogging about her feelings, she works full-time and practices Chinese with her English/German friends.
You May Also Like