There’s nothing that I love more than Berkeley California. After a rough guesstimation, I would say that I’ve been to Berkeley at least 6 times in my lifetime and it just gets more and more exciting the older I get. New restaurants open up, political movements gain momentum, and someone is always nude in public-somewhere. I came to San Francisco for a wedding this past weekend and I was definitely not disappointed by the food, liveliness, and colorful characters that can be found in Berkeley at any point in time. Here’s a simple list of activities to do while in town if you’re a first-timer in the neighborhood. Enjoy.
2. Eat an ice cream sandwich at Cream
3. Appreciate the Amoeba Record Store
4. Participate in a protest or movement
5. Grab a gluten-free, dairy-free pizza at Jupiter
6. Mingle with interesting street vendors/nomads
7. Sun bath on the Berkeley Common
8. Attempt to find something that’s not at the Berkeley Bowl
9. Try vegan-anything
10. Stand in UC Berkeley’s Circle of Freedom
Check out more photos like these on Instagram! It’s my fav.
Disclaimer: These photos are not mine and were borrow from the fine Netcitizens of the world. Their websites have been linked into the photos.
Know a traveler that would love this post? Don’t be shy to share! Don’t forget to comment below to let me know your opinions, share stories, and let me know what you want to see on Wander Onwards next!
If you want to see more photos and updates, check out my Facebook, Instgram, YouTube, Twitter and Tumblr! Interested in working with me as a content creator or to be on Wanderonwards.org? Follow me on Linkedin or email me at wanderonwards[at]gmail.com!